Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back

I'm back from a crazy fast paced week with Bridges youth camping out at the beautiful Lake Lopez.

It is so disorienting being back, trying to figure out whether or not I want to fall back into the inevitable "routine" of life.

It is also annoying because for whatever reason, all of my sunburns from the week decided to start hurting the moment I got home. Most of them are your standard "oops I forgot to put sunscreen there" burns. However, my feet are the most impressive: they are bright red on the tops from Tuesday @ the beach. Because of how bad that burn was, I decided to stay barefooted for most of the week (so my feet collected a nice layer of dirt). The dark brown and bright red were rimmed with the pale white where neither burn nor dirt had touched.

The best part though was Friday, during one of the games one of the staff accidentally tripped over my feet several times. This ripped off a few layers of skin, adding to the already beautiful collage that is my feet.

Fun times :)

I'll write more about this week tonight at work.

No comments: